Who is Siem Reap A La Carte ?
Wether you are seeking distant horizons, unique trips, or simply one or more days with a difference, off the beaten track, Siem Reap A La Carte will be pleased to help you work out private and personalized itineraries to discover little-known sites and immerse you in Khmer culture and traditions.
Wether you are looking for harmony and balance between body, soul and environment or an idyllic setting to celebrate a romantic and exceptional honeymoon, Siem Reap A La Carte offers you a blend of spirituality, relaxation and a range of activities to really unwind.
As a family, with friends, solo or in a couple, away from traditional group tours, according to your interests, desires and budget, set off on an authentic and unusual Cambodian odyssey accompanied by experienced French, English or Spanish-speaking guides.
You will be able to tone down, spice up, time, accelerate, reverse, mix, lengthen or shorten the programs we put together.
Nathalier and Melanie, who have been in Cambodia for several years and now live in Siem Reap, will fulfill your expectations and satisfy the wish to find out for yourselves.
Nathalie : +855 (0)86 814 310
Mélanie : +855 (0)70 450 426
Tailored trips in Cambodia :
Provide us your time frame, the places you would like to visit, activities, type of hosting, etc. Would it be for your first trip visiting Cambodia main attractions, a trip to lesser known paths or a mix of it, Siem Reap A La Carte will build a tailored itinerary to your wishes.
We provide :
– English/Spanish/French speaking guides
– Private transportation of any kind
– Hosting from luxury hotels to homestays or private villas with pool.
Some of Cambodia highlights
- Siem Reap, the UNESCO classified city of Angkor, including the world famous Angkor Wat and a lot more options
- Phnom Penh, the busy capital of Cambodia, its royal palace, historical sites about the Khmer rouge era
- Kep, the charming old French colonial town by the sea, its famous crab market
- Kampot, its world famous pepper farms, salt fields and the Bokor national park with gorgeous views over the region
Compared to its neighbouring countries Cambodia is less touristy and offers a lot of authentic and original activities and places to visit.
Khmer people are welcoming, always kind to share their culture and lifestyle
- Beside the main Angkor temples, Siem Reap region has a lot more to offer : visit a floating village on the Tonlé Sap lake, take a bicycle and visit the numerous surrounding villages where many of the souvenirs sold in Siem Reap are produced.
- Visit some remote and lesser known temples and historical sites.
- Visit Chiro, an authentic village on the banks of the Mekong river. Overnight in the village hosted by OBT, a local NGO
- Visit the remote Mundulkiri province, spend one or two days in an elephant sanctuary
- Travel to the provincial town of Kratie, discover the unique and rare Mekong fresh water dolphins, the beautiful 100 column pagoda or take a day trip to Ko Trong island where life still goes as in the old days
- Spend a day on a motorbike, in the countryside, ride by yourself or with a driver
Southern Cambodia offers a lot of charming beaches and islands, usually less touristy than neighbouring countries.
- Spend a day on Koh Tonsai (Rabbit Island), only 20 minutes from Kep, almost inhabited, very calm with some beautiful beaches
- Enjoy the immense white sand beach of Otres, hosting options to suit any budget
- Go snorkelling and island hopping to the tiny islands in front of Otres beach
- Visit Koh Rong, Koh Rong Samloen and other hidden islands. Just a short boat trip from land, hosting options from lively party areas to secluded bungalows on almost empty white sand beaches
Cambodia is a very good destination to travel with a family offering a wide range of activities for the younger as for the teenagers
- Creative activities with the Khmer artisans
- Bicycle trips
- Zipline, horseriding, hot air ballon, jeep tours, archery and other activities
Travelling distances are usually not too long, it is easy to get a private transportation (even for longer trips) at very competitive prices to adapt to any family constraints
Cambodia has a very rich culture and heritage, far beyond the temples of Angkor alone.
- Discover a unique and lively craft industry, for the daily life objects or with decorative and/or religious function
- Learn more about the country’s recent and often lesser-known history
- Immerse yourself in the Khmer culture by staying in authentic villages
- Discover the many vestiges of the French colonial era: houses, central markets and more
- Enjoy unique culinary specialities
- Visit many Khmer temples, pagodas and hidden ancient cities
- Take part to a traditional buddhist blessing ceremony in a pagoda
Day trips in Siem Reap
Enjoy an exceptional romantic half day, lunch on the Angkor temples area, romantic visit of some temples with dedicated professional photographer. Enjoy sunset on a Khmer style gondola and dinner by the candlelight in an exceptional setting.
Visit the Angkor temples in ludic way especially tailored for families and kids
Discover the life on the Tonlé Sap lake, largest lake of South East Asia. Meet its inhabitants unique way of lie.
On the way, enjoy the beautiful views of Siem Reap countryside with a lot of photo occasions.
Continue your day enjoying lunch with a Khmer family and visit the surrounding village or visit a Silk farm.
Enjoy a day on a bicycle in Siem Reap country side, along the rices fields and traditional villages
Visit the pagodas along the river leading to the Tonlé Sap lake, discover craftsmen who still produce in a traditional way, Prahok factory, lotus weaving, lotus farm. Enjoy a relaxing stop with a view on the rice fields.
Enjoy a day around Siem Reap visiting and participating to traditional workshops
Spend a day in a traditional village near Siem Reap, cook typical Khmer dishes, enjoy lunch. Spend the afternoon visiting the surrounding area with an original and authentic mean of transport.
Discover the remote and lesser known temple of Banteay Chhmar, located in a preserved environment. Enjoy lunch at the foot of this XIIIth century architectural marvel.
Visit the temple of Banteay Srey (Citadel of the women), Kbal Spean (the river of the thousand Linga). After lunch discover the complex process involved in traditional silk producing and weaving at a silk conservatory farm.
Choose from a variety of activities for the young and older ones, we organise your day, transportation, lunch, etc to your desires.
Escape from the busy Siem Reap visiting the nearby Banteay Menchay province, visit lesser known remote temples. Banteay Chhmar, XIIIth century architectural marvel and nearby historical places, discover life in the Cambodian countryside, enjoy a night in a local homestay.